Continuing to protect Australians
We believe in protecting the health and wellbeing of Australians. While we no longer offer insurance to new AMP Life customers, any existing AMP Life customers* can continue to alter, add, or apply for the new cover. We are focused on looking after our existing customers.
* AMP Life customer is defined as: any individual or entity that is a policy owner or an insured person under a life policy issued by AMP Life.
AMP Life’s Premium Promise
To support you in managing client expectations, a two-year Premium Promise is available for all new Elevate policies. Our Premium Promise provides comfort that during the first two years following the policy commencement date, we will not increase base premium rates.
A full range of discounts on Elevate insurance
Your clients can continue to benefit from a number of Elevate discounts. For more information contact your business partnerships team (link through to contact us page).
- Multi Plan Discount (MPD) - If you’re considering packaging benefits for your clients, we offer the 10% MPD. For clients who meet certain criteria and package Elevate income and/or business expenses insurance plans with a life, trauma or TPD insurance plan, we'll discount their life, trauma and TPD premiums by 10% – for as long as they meet the eligibility criteria (ie potentially for the life of their plan).
- Business Rewards - Any clients in a business relationship or owners of SMSFs, where a minimum of two clients apply at the same time can benefit from a 5% discount on new Elevate life, TPD and trauma plan premiums and the plan fee.
- Large case discount - Elevate life, TPD, trauma, income protection and business expenses premiums may at AMP Life's discretion, have a discount applied based on the amount insured.
Apply for AMP Elevate - New eligibility rules
AMP Life has a new business model and now focuses solely on supporting and managing existing customers. As part of this strategy there will be changes to eligibility for AMP Elevate insurance (Elevate) from 1 April 2020.
Key updates to the eligibility of Elevate include:
- Until 31 March 2020, Elevate will continue to accept new business applications from clients of MyNorth, North, Summit, ipac iAccess and Generations.
- From 1 April 2020, in line with AMP Life’s strategy of being an in-force specialist, only existing AMP Life customers will be eligible to access Elevate.
Who is an existing AMP Life customer?
An AMP Life customer is defined as any individual or entity that is a policy owner or an insured person under a life policy issued by AMP Life.
AMP Elevate - Still the right choice for your clients
The AMP Life business model as an in-force specialist means that we are committed to keeping the current product offering for your clients contemporary and attractive.
Outlined below is a reminder of the features and benefits of AMP Elevate.
Benefits to existing clients and advisers of AMP Elevate
Did you know that existing AMP Life customers are still eligible for AMP Elevate cover? The new Insurance Transfer Offer allows clients who are closing their super funds with FS, FLS, Summit/Generations/iAccess (clients with group insurance cover) to move to MyNorth (or elsewhere) and move the insurance to AMP Elevate without underwriting (if eligible).
Some other benefits include:
- A commitment to the Code of Practice means we regularly review our definitions.
- Existing customers retain all terms and conditions of existing policies and will continue to have access to a range of services including policy alterations, changes to benefit types, change of ownership, exercise options etc.
- In 2019, AMP Life supported 10,400 of our customers with over $1.144 billion in claims paid.
Benefits of choosing AMP Elevate as your preferred client insurance solution
Some other benefits are:
- 12-month life buy back (on TPD) – Built-in benefit when TPD is an option (rider) attached to Life cover. It allows customers to ‘buy-back’ their Life Insurance cover 12 months after full TPD claim is paid, without providing additional medical information.
- Future insurability – Built-in benefit on Life and TPD cover, 11 personal and 3 business events. Allows clients to increase their benefit amount to certain limits without underwriting.
- Waiver of premium (Income Insurance) - This built-in benefit waives all premiums on the income insurance, and any attached life, TPD or trauma policies when on an IP claim.
- Indemnity (Income Insurance) - Highest average monthly income for any consecutive 12 months over the three years prior to disability.
- Partial rollovers – Available to fund Elevate super via an external superannuation fund.
- Plan fee waiver – Where a spouse, family member or business partner also have an Elevate plan.
Linking options for life insurance inside super
Our linking options are designed to help your client access the benefits of holding Elevate through super while ensuring they maintain a comprehensive level of cover outside super. This means you can offer clients the:
- Comfort and security of comprehensive benefits, and
- cash flow benefits of buying insurance through a super plan.
FlexiLink TPD (any occupation and own occupation) and FlexiLink Trauma (Trauma Insurance and Trauma Plus Insurance) can be linked to life insurance through super.
Links TPD Insurance (own occupation) outside super to a TPD option (any occupation) held inside super, or links benefits from the Income Insurance Premier Plan outside super to an income insurance plan held in super.
Links benefits from the Income Insurance Plan outside super to an income insurance plan held in super.
- Waiver of premium in built benefit — If your client is receiving income insurance benefits including partial disability benefits (excluding Nursing care benefit), we’ll waive premiums for all plans listed on their insurance schedule (or taken out at the same time) where they are the life insured.
- Total disability (Premier Plan and PremierLink IP)—A three tier flexible assessment approach at claim time, based on hours, duties and income.
- Specific injuries and sicknesses. An in-built benefit in all of our IP plans (except those in super) —If your client is diagnosed with a serious illness like cancer, we will pay your client up to six months’ worth of the claim, even if your client keeps working. The benefit is payable immediately. No waiting period needed.
- Cover Boost – (Future insurability)—For white collar professional and sedentary occupations this is an optional benefit that provide the ability to increase the Monthly Benefit by up to 20% on every third renewal date until the life insured 55th birthday without the need to provide medical evidence.
- Cover beyond age 65—Available to white collar professional and sedentary occupations at the plan expiry age the ability to convert to the Income
- Superannuation contributions option – Elevate will insure up to 100% of a client’s superannuation guarantee contributions.
- Business solutions option - Clients can apply for the lesser of four times the insured benefit or $15,000,000 less the total sums insured under any other plan that provides life cover.
- Premium waiver option - Elevate will waive premiums for up to 3 months if a client is involuntarily unemployed.
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance
- Day one TPD in-built benefit - If your client suffers one of the listed 17 medical conditions, we would waive the requirement to be unable to work for three months.
- Life buy back option - No waiting period applies and it is an optional benefit. Clients can buy back the life insurance in the first 60 days after the TPD claim has been paid.
- Elevate TPD also offers an inbuilt life cover buy back feature which can be exercised 12 months after the TPD claim has been paid.
- Trauma reinstatement option - Clients can claim a partial benefit for heart attack and cancer events even if they have already been paid a full claim previously for either condition. Also, any claim on cancer which is found to be unrelated to the first cancer claim may result in 100% of the benefit being paid again.
Key areas that Elevate can help protect the life insurance needs of your business clients:
- Key person risk - In the unfortunate event that the key person dies or has to leave the business due to serious injury or illness, the business will receive a lump-sum payment.
- Business expense coverage - This insurance product helps business owners pay fixed monthly expenses in the event they are totally or partially disabled and unable to work full time or part time due to sickness or injury.
- Business succession planning – A business succession agreement is the key to ensuring that a business and its owners are protected if a co-owner departs the business. A succession agreement known as a buy/sell agreement can be used to cover the situation where a co-owner leaves the business due to death, serious injury or illness. This will provide a lump sum to the business that can be used to acquire the co-owner’s interest under the terms of the succession agreement.
- Business loan protection - This is intended to protect a lender from financial loss following the death or disablement of a business owner who is liable for the repayment of money borrowed by the company. AMP Life’s business loan provides a lump sum on the death or disablement of the insured to repay all or part of a loan
Any advice and information on this website is general in nature and is provided by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (‘AMP Life’), which is part of the Resolution Life group. The advice does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, before acting on the advice, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to those matters.
AMP Elevate insurance is jointly issued by Equity Trustees Superannuation Limited (ETSL) ABN 50 055 641 757 (trustee) as trustee for the National Mutual Retirement Fund and AMP Life.
AMP Limited ABN 49 079 354 519 has sold AMP Life to the Resolution Life group whilst retaining a minority economic interest. AMP Limited has no day-to-day involvement in the management of AMP Life whose products and services are not affiliated with or guaranteed by AMP Limited. AMP Limited is not liable for products issued by AMP Life or any statements or representations made in the PDS or policy documents for those products. “AMP”, “AMP Life” and any other AMP trademarks are used by AMP Life under licence from AMP Limited. AMP Life is part of the Resolution Life group and can be contacted on 133 731 or via the contact us page. If you decide to purchase or vary a financial product, AMP Life and/or other companies within the Resolution Life group will receive fees and other benefits, which will be a dollar amount or a percentage of either the premium they pay or the value of their investments. You can ask us for more details.
All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
Life Insurance Code of Practice
The Life Insurance Code of Practice is issued by the Financial Services Council (FSC) and sets out the life insurance industry’s commitment to high customer service standards, consistency and principles of conduct.
As a member of the FSC, AMP supports the Life Insurance Code of Practice. You can find more information here.